- James Ach accuses James White (and other Calvinists) of being "inconsistent."
- Bob Wilkin will be leading a conference next weekend titled "Doubt and the New Calvinism: The Current Crisis in Assurance."
- Calvinism on the ground in China.
- Roger Olson reviews Prevenient Grace: God’s Provision for Fallen Humanity by Arminian scholar W. Brian Shelton (no relation).
- Lots of free resources available from Ligonier through the end of Reformation Day Friday.
- Jon Bloom of Desiring God tells the story of October 31.
Friday, October 31, 2014
Monday, October 27, 2014
Friday, October 24, 2014
- Pastor Ronnie Rogers finds Calvinism's new birth analogy unconvincing.
- Paul Helm reviews Oliver Crisp's book Deviant Calvinism: Broadening Reformed Theology.
- Mark McDowell interviews Oliver Crisp.
- And so does Kevin P. Emmert of Christianity Today.
- John Piper teaching on Romans 8:3–4: "Love fulfills the law."
- According to the elders at Mars Hill Church, Mark Driscoll chose resignation over restoration.
Friday, October 17, 2014
- Why do so many people resist Calvinism, even those who eventually become Calvinists? "Isn't the answer obvious? It is because Calvinism contradicts, and blatantly so, our most basic moral axioms or intuitions. It contradicts, for example, the self-evident truth that we are genuinely free."
- Kent Brandenburg writes, "The five points of Calvinism do not present a different gospel per se, because those five points don't deal with the crux of the gospel, which is, one, whether you believe in a biblical Jesus, and, two, whether your faith is a biblical faith in Christ."
- James J. Cassidy lists five reasons why he is not a New Calvinist.
- Chris Woznicki writes, "To say that predestination, a doctrine clearly taught in scripture, is unjust is to say that there is a rule of righteousness above God."
- Be prepared to answer your kids' questions about the Bible.