- Jonathan Merritt interviews Barnabas Piper about his new book Help My Unbelief: Why Doubt Is Not the Enemy of Faith.
- John Piper on the Supreme Court's ruling on same-sex "marriage."
- Doug Wilson's response.
- I'm not sure what immigration has to do with Calvinism, but Keith Preston writes, "[T]he possible dilution of WASPish American culture with its Calvinist roots" isn't a reason to criticize immigration from Latin America.
- Big giveaway from Banner of Truth: a set of Puritan paperbacks, a multi-volume commentary on Romans, and Spurgeon's Lectures to my Students.
Friday, June 26, 2015
Friday, June 19, 2015
- Calvinism is not new to Baptists. In fact, "Calvinists once dominated Baptist church life in America."
- Ben Witherington is beginning a series of blog posts on Jacob Arminius. His reason: "Especially in the wake of the recent resurgence of certain very conservative kinds of Reformed thinking in America ... it is a good time to take a careful look once more at Arminius and his heirs."
- Roger Olson on prevenient grace:
There are hints here and there in Arminius that he wanted to believe God is an equal opportunity savior, but I’m not convinced he really believed that. This is a point of difference among Arminians. Some (e.g., Wesley) believe God is an equal opportunity savior; others believe prevenient grace is attached to the gospel message and its communication (even if that happens sometimes supernaturally via angels or whatever). I do not think Arminius or any classical Arminian would say prevenient grace is given only to those God foreknows will respond positively to the gospel.
- Mark Jones discusses New Calvinism, Trinitarian worship, and American Flags.
- According to The Washington Post, American environmentalism has its roots in Calvinist churches.
Friday, June 12, 2015
- Enter to win a set of Calvin and Spurgeon mugs.
- According to one blogger, Ann Coulter isn't promoting white racism; she's promoting Calvinism. After all, protecting white American culture "is what calvinism (sic) is all about."
- How did anti-Calvinist pastors publicize their straw man attacks before YouTube?
- John Piper on the mystery of election.
- James White responds to Dr. Drew.
Friday, June 05, 2015
- Talking Calvinism with Robert H. Schuller.
- David Schrock discusses two common misunderstandings about Calvinism in Baptist history: 1) five-point Calvinists are hyper-Calvinists and 2) Calvinism is incompatible with Baptist doctrine.
- An atheist begins a video series reading through and reviewing The Defense of the Faith by Cornelius Van Til.
- Sinclair Ferguson on the doxological nature of Calvinism.
- John Piper on real Christian unity.