- Tracey Rowland sees the potential for a Catholic revival in Scotland: "It can't be all that difficult to compete with liberal Calvinism and garden-variety New Age paganism when one has the full treasury of a sacramental Catholicism..."
- Arminian William Birch lists five reasons why New Calvinism is worth rejecting.
- Carol Howard Merritt, a feminist who embraces "marriage equality," proudly dons Calvin's mantle, despite being against everything he stood for.
- Dr. Jeff Hagan offers a concise summary of Arminianism and Calvinism.
- "But the horror genre also shows us how Puritan Calvinism was intimately entwined with witchy folktales," writes Kathryn Reklis, in her review of the film The Witch. "The fear of witches went hand in hand with the Calvinist God whose inscrutable will predestined some to hell."
- Dr. Vern Charette ponders God's goodness in light of what many Calvinists would consider a false assurance of salvation.
Friday, April 29, 2016
Friday, April 22, 2016
- Mark Driscoll is back, and he answers the question: is the God of Calvinism cruel?
- Let's avoid hyper-Calvinism when we preach.
- Jeffrey K. Jue gives five reasons why the New Calvinism is worth supporting.
- Calvin, Basil, and heathen learning.
- Most of the talks from this month's T4G Conference are available online.
- Jesse Johnson addresses the issue of using sermon illustrations from movies.
- Do we participate in our own salvation?
Friday, April 15, 2016
- Cole Brown begins discussing some common misconceptions about Calvinism.
- Ronnie Rogers continues his series on Calvinism's view of the origin of sin and God's offer of salvation.
- Jarvis Williams gives us six reasons that we should find joy in the doctrine of particular atonement.
- Calvinism and corruption: Louisiana College's real story.
- An "Arminian slave" to Calvinism?
- Calvinism for dummies.
- It just isn't Friday without some free stuff from Tim Challies.
Friday, April 08, 2016
- Gerry T. Neal thinks Calvinist theologians value Calvinism over orthodoxy.
- Ronnie Rogers offers his take on the "Calvinism makes God the author of sin" argument.
- Drew Koehler describes his journey to Calvinism.
- Dr. Michael Bruening, associate professor of history and political science at Missouri University of Science and Technology, will be traveling to France to study the detractors of John Calvin during the Protestant Reformation.
- Tim Challies recalls the time he discussed Twitter with John Piper over a plate of guacamole at Chili's.
- John Piper discusses sanctification and complete assurance for incomplete people.
Friday, April 01, 2016
- The Seeking Disciple offers a short rant on devotions, praying, and posting.
- A page from an Arminian comic book.
- Calvinist James White is changing his last name to avoid accusations of "white privilege."
- Francis Asbury: Arminian hero.
- Tim Challies presents the top 10 books on reconciling divine sovereignty and man's free will.