- Nathan Vogt is grateful that our Constitution and other founding documents are secular. This guards against those evil Calvinists, who "are intolerant of every other faith and killed or jailed people suspected of witchcraft."
- So, you think the Bible teaches Calvinism? You must be reading it while wearing your super Calvinist glasses.
- The marrow of Calvinism.
- Dr. Bob Hadley attacks the crux of Calvinism, which he sees as the idea that regeneration precedes faith.
- In blaming evangelical support for Donald Trump on the "prosperity gospel," Chris Lehmann links it back to "dour Calvinism" and a the eventual "revolt against Calvinist fatalism."
- HuffPo's John Carl blames the Calvinist Puritan's for America's unforgiving prison culture.
- John Piper on how to rise when we fall into sin.
- Registration has begun for Ligonier's fall conference, "The Dawn of the Reformation."
Friday, July 29, 2016
Friday, July 22, 2016
- Does the story of Cain and Abel overthrow Calvinism?
- John Piper dismantles "one-point Calvinism."
- "The Dirty Christian" talks Calvinism and Josh Feuerstein.
- Why is my delight in God so short-lived?
- Tim Challies discusses how to pray when your soul is bone dry.
- Check out this week's $5 Friday deals from Ligonier.
- Roger Olson announces an upcoming series of blog posts on why he is an evangelical, Arminian Christian.
Friday, July 08, 2016
- Dr. Tim White isn't looking forward to the Les Lanphere's documentary Calvinist.
- Neither is Jeff Amsbaugh. He criticizes Les for asking for people to contribute financially to the production of the film: "There is no appeal for us to appeal to God. There only is an appeal for us to give of our human resources to advance a documentary that emphasizes how God works independently of human resources." Seriously?
- "Calvin was much more than a proponent of salvific particularism," writes Rev. Roger Salter. "His theological efforts are vast and beneficial and his views on sin and grace are disciplined within the context of the saving work of Christ which he describes with expertise and attractiveness."
- Chris Cole tries to make the Presbyterian case for infant baptism, beginning with I Corinthians 7:14.
- In response, Andrew Taylor tries to make the Lutheran case for infant baptism.
- Apparently, "Pagan Calvinism" is a thing.
- Dr. Michael A. Cox finds evidence against Calvinism in the book of Colossians.
- Carrie Dedrick wants to see Calvinists and Charismatics get along.
Friday, July 01, 2016
- Calvinists drinking beer, smoking stogies, and getting tattoos? Well, we can't have any of that, can we?
- It seems that Calvinism robs Israel of being in the forefront of God's glory. After all, "Israel is God's foreknown people, not uncircumcised heathen Gentiles!"
- J. D. Greear wants to make it clear that Calvinism isn't to blame for declining baptism numbers in the SBC.
- Check out Ligonier's $5 Friday this week for a variety of teaching series from R. C. Sproul.
- Tim Challies is giving away some free stuff from Moody.
- Good news! The FDA has just approved Ritalin for the treatment of chronic hyper-Calvinism in adults and teenagers.