- Dave Armstrong accuses James White of "glaring double standards" when it comes to criticizing the Catholic church.
- The Practical implications of Calvinism.
- How many of the five points of Calvinism do you affirm?
- Wonder and rationality in Calvinism.
- Eight ways God works suffering for our good.
- Multiconfessional communion? Maybe, if we're talking Baptists and Presbyterians. Not Protestants and Catholics.
- Ask Tim Challies anything.
Friday, March 24, 2017
Friday, March 17, 2017
- Fred Clark imagines "how noir Calvinist theology can be," and introduces us to Augustine Frost, Calvinist detective.
- Apparently, those Calvinist Puritans who settled New England are influencing modern Republicans in their quest to kill 24 million people by taking away their health insurance. Or something like that.
- Roger Olson blasts Tim Challies (referring to him simply as "the Calvinist blogger") for criticizing a movie he hasn't seen. "Of course, I don't expect Calvinists to like the theology of [The Shack]," Olson writes, "but I do expect them to at least view it before talking about it." Never mind that Challies read the book and wrote an in-depth, 13-page review of it.
- An open letter to Martin Luther on the Gospel of James.
- The videos from Ligonier's 2017 conference are now available.
Friday, March 10, 2017
- Joshua Crutchfield won't let divisions within the SBC get in the way of unity and cooperation.
- We get grace, God gets glory.
- Dave Armstrong attempts to refute the doctrine of total depravity as taught by Calvinists like James White.
- Stephen Altrogge explains why he is a Calvinist.
- Confessions of a former "New Calvinist."
- Check out Ligonier's Facebook page for live videos and clips from their 2017 National Conference this weekend in Orlando.
Friday, March 03, 2017
- What leads "Christians" away from Christ?
- Six historical positions on divine sovereignty and human freedom.
- One "Christian" musician's tweet against the penal substitution of Christ sparks debate. Apparently, describing the cross as a blood sacrifice is merely a "beautiful metaphor."
- John Piper answers the question: is God ever surprised?
- The purgatory of Jerry walls and its anti-Calvinism origins.
- Get your copy of A Little Book on the Christian Life.
- Register early for the upcoming Ligonier Conference, "Discovering the God of the Bible," and save $20.