- Paige Patterson, president of Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, weighs in on the remarks made by chapel speaker Rick Patrick about Calvinism being a "Trojan Horse."
- Shane Vander Hart discusses the tension that exists within the SBC regarding Calvinism.
- Kent Brandenburg thinks that Calvinists, on the whole, "talk too much about Calvinism." However, he has not concluded that he "could not fellowship with a Calvinist."
- Can Calvinism make you happy?
- Win some free stuff from smallgroup.com.
- Continually washed by the gospel.
- It's "Radio Free Geneva" on the Dividing Line with Dr. James White.
Friday, December 09, 2016
Friday, November 25, 2016
- Benjamin Corey is "starting to think that Calvinism probably shouldn't be classified and grouped under the Christian umbrella." He believes "the Calvinist doctrine of God is far closer to Islam than Christianity."
- Yes, John Calvin loved his wine.
- Calvinism debates shouldn't divide us.
- One blogger is analyzing the growth of Neo-Calvinism/Reformed theology in the Evangelical Free Church of America. And he doesn't think it's a good thing.
- Rumor has it that President-elect Trump's pick for education secretary has "deep ties to the Christian Reformed community."
- Zen Calvinism?
- Free Stuff Fridays at Challies.com is sponsored by Reformation Heritage Books.
- $5 Black Friday deals from Ligonier.
Friday, November 18, 2016
Friday, November 11, 2016
Friday, November 04, 2016
- James W. Gunter attempts to vindicate Calvinism.
- As the Pope visited Sweden, a newspaper article offered five brief facts about the Protestant Reformation.
- There are some things Stephen Altrogge would like to tell his younger self about Calvinism.
- Hinder missions? Calvinism fuels missions!
- Want some free stuff from Ligonier Ministries?
- John Piper on how a Christian relates to the state.
Friday, October 28, 2016
- What is Calvinism?
- Calvinism's foundational experience.
- Dr. Thomas Talbott asks, "Is God properly described as 'Love' in the theology of John Calvin?"
- Semper Reformanda. You keep using that term. I do not think it means what you think it means.
- Contrary to what Roman Catholics might say, the Bible is our sufficient authority.
- Christians, Halloween is our night.
- Enter to win some free kids' books from New Growth Press.
Friday, October 21, 2016
- Matt Moore: Accidental Calvinist.
- Robert Pate asks, "Who can trust in the unjust, unmerciful, unrighteous God of Calvinism?" Not me, since our God is none of those things.
- It seems we Calvinists have a "tendency to see all as black, that salvation is impossible, whatever efforts we make–despite the Gospel saying that with God all things are possible–that depression is our life."
- This election season, let us embrace the gift of God's judgment.
- What kind of example do you set in your conduct?
Friday, October 14, 2016
- Dr. Jeff Hagan discusses the verse that made him a Calvinist: Romans 8:1.
- Here's what happens when everyone else in your family goes from cage stage Calvinism to hyper Calvinism.
- Randal Rauser reviews Calvinism and the Problem of Evil.
- I'm not sure what Calvinism has to do with Donald Trump, but Joseph Loconte tries to make the link.
- John Piper on what grumbling says about God.
- You, me, and the ESV.
Friday, October 07, 2016
- John Samson dismantles five big myths about Calvinism.
- Spencer Toy has an open question for presuppositionalists.
- Ronnie Rogers presents a "dilemma" for Calvinism.
- What's wrong with Jerry Walls' argument against Calvinism? Dan Johnson explains.
- For John O'Keefe, Calvinism's core problem is that it is "self-centered." Because, apparently, any theology that emphasizes God's sovereignty is, by definition, self-centered.
Friday, September 30, 2016
- Jonathan Dorst discusses the verse that made him a Calvinist (John 6:44).
- For David Bordy, that verse was Romans 1:30.
- John Anthony Dunne shares his journey into Calvinism.
- The Andrew Fuller Conference at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary delved into the lives of Puritan theologians Richard Baxter, John Owen, and William Kiffen.
- John Piper discusses how to test our interpretations of the Bible.
- James Pate reviews Calvinism and the Problem of Evil.
Friday, September 23, 2016
- Messages from Ligonier's 2016 fall conference, "The Dawn of the Reformation," are available to watch online.
- What you need to know about the Calvinism-Arminianism debate.
- Apparently, the God of Calvinism is like a father who smokes while telling his kids to avoid tobacco.
- Roger Olson defends Calvinists against misrepresentation.
- Michael Heiser, in an interview about his new book, The Unseen Realm, had this to say about young Calvinists:
I think once they awaken to the fact that hardline Calvinism requires that God either wants evil to happen or needs evil to make his plan work, they get rightly offended at the character of God or see him as a lesser being unworthy of loyalty. Why would God decree what he doesn't want to happen? Why does he need suffering to make things work out? Isn't he smart enough to find a better way than those options? If he is, then he must enjoy the suffering he has caused or was clever enough to bring about so he gets his way. I don't see why anyone would love a being whose character is like that. We wouldn't behave that way and feel love for ourselves.Straw man much?
Friday, August 19, 2016
- Which joy rules your heart?
- The city of Steinbach in Manitoba gets its first Reformed church.
- Jesse Morrell doesn't like Calvinism because "any theology which is inconsistent with evangelism, or hinders the zeal thereof, cannot be a biblical God-glorifying Christ-centered theology." Come on, anti-Calvinists. You're still sticking with that tired argument?
- We can take comfort in knowing that Roger Olson considers "most Reformed-Calvinist Christians as evangelical."
- Dr. James White deals with anti-Reformed rhetoric on The Dividing Line.
- It's a G3 Conference giveaway, courtesy of Tim Challies.
Friday, August 12, 2016
- Ever wonder how to argue against the wicked heresy of Calvinism? Here are seven tips.
- Chris Dunn doesn't wear Calvinism on his sleeve.
- The Rio Olympics and Calvin's mission.
- Frank Morgan takes issue with the notion that man cannot choose good:
According to Calvinism, man does not have free will; he cannot choose good over evil under any circumstances. The Bible does contain verses such as Isaiah 64:6, Jeremiah 13:23, Jeremiah 17:9, etc., but these are referring to man in his unregenerate state.Well, exactly. Unregenerated man cannot choose good. It would appear you have accepted the first point of Calvinism. Only four more to go!
- Plan now to die well.
- Ladies, are you looking for the perfect gift for that special Calvinist man in your life? Check out the latest products from Bath, Body, and Soul.
Friday, July 29, 2016
- Nathan Vogt is grateful that our Constitution and other founding documents are secular. This guards against those evil Calvinists, who "are intolerant of every other faith and killed or jailed people suspected of witchcraft."
- So, you think the Bible teaches Calvinism? You must be reading it while wearing your super Calvinist glasses.
- The marrow of Calvinism.
- Dr. Bob Hadley attacks the crux of Calvinism, which he sees as the idea that regeneration precedes faith.
- In blaming evangelical support for Donald Trump on the "prosperity gospel," Chris Lehmann links it back to "dour Calvinism" and a the eventual "revolt against Calvinist fatalism."
- HuffPo's John Carl blames the Calvinist Puritan's for America's unforgiving prison culture.
- John Piper on how to rise when we fall into sin.
- Registration has begun for Ligonier's fall conference, "The Dawn of the Reformation."
Friday, July 22, 2016
- Does the story of Cain and Abel overthrow Calvinism?
- John Piper dismantles "one-point Calvinism."
- "The Dirty Christian" talks Calvinism and Josh Feuerstein.
- Why is my delight in God so short-lived?
- Tim Challies discusses how to pray when your soul is bone dry.
- Check out this week's $5 Friday deals from Ligonier.
- Roger Olson announces an upcoming series of blog posts on why he is an evangelical, Arminian Christian.