(via 22 Words)
Wednesday, December 31, 2014
Friday, December 26, 2014
Friday, December 19, 2014
- Roger Olson responds to John Piper's comments about Arminians.
- Olson also begins his review of Oliver Crisp's book Deviant Calvinism: Broadening Reformed Theology.
- "A lone Arminian voice crying in a Calvinist wilderness"? According to Baptist News Global, "Roger Olson is one of the few voices in American evangelicalism, and among Baptists, who regularly speaks out against the increasingly popular Calvinist movement."
- "Why can we consider Calvinism as being in some sense evangelical?" asks William Birch. "Because most Calvinists, unlike some of their hyper-Calvinistic counterparts, preach like an Arminian!"
Wednesday, December 17, 2014
Addictions of any sort can tear families apart and ruin lives. An addiction to pornography is no different, as this heart-wrenching letter one daughter wrote to her porn-watching father reminds us:
I found your porn on the computer somewhere around the age of 12 or so, just when I was starting to become a young woman. First of all, it seemed very hypocritical to me that you were trying to teach me the value of what to let into my mind in terms of movies, yet here you were entertaining your mind with this junk on a regular basis. Your talks to me about being careful with what I watched meant virtually nothing.Read the full letter here.
Because of pornography, I was aware that mom was not the only woman you were looking at. I became acutely aware of your wandering eye when we were out and about. This taught me that all men have a wandering eye and can’t be trusted. I learned to distrust and even dislike men for the way they perceived women in this way.
Friday, December 12, 2014
- Apparently, Acts 13:48 does not support Calvinism.
- Question: "Can an atheist beat a Calvinist?"
Answer: "Yes, in a copper bowl with a whisk. Best results if the bowl is put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before. Cream of tartar is optional, and leads to a slightly stiffer confection."
- According to D. G. Hart, "New Calvinism is warmed-over New Evangelicalism with a hint of hipster."
- Was John Calvin really a Calvinist?
- Roger Olson whets your appetite with a preview of Deviant Calvinism by Oliver Crisp.
Tuesday, December 09, 2014
Friday, December 05, 2014
- An anonymous former Calvinist wants to evangelize a particular group of people. He asks, "How can we best reach the children of Calvinists whose philosophical presuppositions have undercut any genuine sense of man's personal responsibility or genuine free will?"
- Paul Dohse believes that "Calvinism keeps the 'Christian' under law via a particular view of double imputation."
- Proud Calvinism?
- More Arminian antics over at Calvinistic Cartoons.
- Christine Hoover shares one simple tip to make this Christmas unforgettable for your children.