- Mark Peterson takes issue with what he calls "careless Calvinism" in health care.
- Chuck McKnight continues discussing the acronym WHEAT, which "parallels the TULIP of Calvinism, the DAISY of Arminianism, and the ROSES of Molinism."
- Limited (or definite) atonement is beautiful.
- According to D. G. Hart, "At some point, even evangelicals will leave evangelicalism. [David] Gushee is only the most recent indication of evangelicalism's hollow identity."
- D. A. Carson on why God demands worship.
- Enter to win the The Gospel for Life book series.
Friday, May 19, 2017
Thursday, May 18, 2017
offers a brief explanation of the differences between Calvinism and Arminianism:
Calvinism: Theological framework that centers around God's sovereign choice in salvation. The points of Calvinism include total depravity, unconditional election, limited atonement, irresistible grace, perseverance of the saints, and being a condescending jerk.You can always count on the Bee.
Arminianism: Theology that focuses on man's free will to choose or reject God. The five points are kinda-sorta depravity, election but not really, errybody gets some atonement, grace that looks pretty cool but you can say no if you want to, and better hang onto that salvation pretty tightly.