- Steve Gregg on unconditional election:
I really have a hard time seeing, in principle, how that's different than giving somebody a date rape drug. You know? The woman doesn't want to sleep with you, but you give 'em a drug and now you've changed their mind against their will. ... God doesn't do that.Um...read Romans much?
- Finally! A theology to replace Calvinism! And it all starts with dispensing of this notion of total depravity. After all, "Even apart from the Bible, this tenant of Calvinism clashes greatly with the great fields of psychology, anthropology, biology, philosophy, sociology, physics, literature, etc." Yep. Only a fool would dare to put the authority of scripture on a higher level than any field of study developed by man.
- Did Calvin's banning of jewelry in Geneva lead to the Swiss becoming such gifted watchmakers?
- Herman Melville's Moby Dick was actually an attack on Calvinism?
- Charles Spurgeon was NOT a Calvinist!
- James White tackles Micah Coate's book A Cultish Side of Calvinism, arguably "the worst book ever written against Calvinism."
- THEOparadox hasn't read it, but I'm sure he would agree.