- Calvinism is not new to Baptists. In fact, "Calvinists once dominated Baptist church life in America."
- Ben Witherington is beginning a series of blog posts on Jacob Arminius. His reason: "Especially in the wake of the recent resurgence of certain very conservative kinds of Reformed thinking in America ... it is a good time to take a careful look once more at Arminius and his heirs."
- Roger Olson on prevenient grace:
There are hints here and there in Arminius that he wanted to believe God is an equal opportunity savior, but I’m not convinced he really believed that. This is a point of difference among Arminians. Some (e.g., Wesley) believe God is an equal opportunity savior; others believe prevenient grace is attached to the gospel message and its communication (even if that happens sometimes supernaturally via angels or whatever). I do not think Arminius or any classical Arminian would say prevenient grace is given only to those God foreknows will respond positively to the gospel.
- Mark Jones discusses New Calvinism, Trinitarian worship, and American Flags.
- According to The Washington Post, American environmentalism has its roots in Calvinist churches.